RAR is a powerful tool allowing you to manage and control archive
files. Console RAR supports archives only in RAR format, which names
usually have a ".rar" extension. ZIP and other formats are not supported.
Windows users may install GUI RAR version - WinRAR, which is able to
process much more archive types.
RAR features include:
* Highly sophisticated, original compression algorithm
* Special compression algorithms optimized for text, audio,
graphics data, 32 and 64-bit Intel executables
* Better compression than similar tools, using 'solid' archiving
* Authenticity verification (registered version only)
* Self-extracting archives and volumes (SFX)
* Ability to recover physically damaged archives
* Locking, password, file order list, file security & more ...